One of the websites I follow is the Baritriceating.com. They posts recipes that are surgery friendly, and help with reset. I found this recipe there and modified it a bit.
- vegetable cooking spray
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup ricotta or cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups cooked broccoli tops (used roasted)
- 4 ounces shredded cheese (I used Swiss)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- a few grates of a fresh nutmeg
- Ground Mustard – I love this in my quiches or breakfast casseroles.
Spray a glass or ceramic baking dish with the vegetable cooking spray. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.I had leftover roasted broccoli that I used.Whisk eggs, ricotta, milk, seasoning in a large bowl until well blended and light colored. Stir in broccoli and cheese. Pour into baking dish, and bake 35-40 minutes or until knife testing the custard near center comes out clean. Center should still have a bit a of wiggle and top slightly puffed and golden. Cool slightly, serve warm rather than hot. Yummy. I didn’t miss having a crust at all. Moist, and the broccoli being roasted added more of a nutty flavor to it.
I will make this again.