I am scrolling through Facebook the other day, and came across this Tasty post with four different meals you can do with hamburger. We are stretched a little tighter this time of year, and we have hamburger in the freezer so I thought I would give it a go.
You can see the preparation and original post here at Tasty One-Pot Cheeseburger Pasta.
for 6 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 cups beef broth
- 16 oz fusilli pasta
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup milk
- green onion, sliced, to serve
- In a large pot over a medium heat, add ground beef, onions, garlic, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, and ketchup. Break up the beef to incorporate the seasonings and cook until browned.
- Pour in the beef broth and bring to a simmer.
- Add the pasta and simmer for 20 minutes or until the pasta is cooked throughout and the broth has cooked down.
- Pour in the milk and cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted.
- Serve garnished with some sliced green onions
I used chickpea pasta instead of regular pasta – and that was my only substitution.
It was a hit! Stephen loved it, as did David. I could eat 3/4’s of a cup. Not bad really since it is with protein pasta. I think the flavors needed more a kick, but the boys liked it so that is really all that matters.