Again, another Instant Pot recipe, but this time from Skinnytaste. What is great about their site is that they share Weight Watcher points, and nutrition values. I have included it in my post today.
8 Smart Points, 338 calories
Quick and easy stuffed cabbage – without all the work!
- cooking spray
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 1 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram (used Oregano)
- black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- 1 cup less sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons raisins (used currants)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice (didn’t use this in the recipe as I can’t eat it, so served rice for David and Stephen)
- 1 medium head cabbage, cored and chopped (9 cups)
INSTANT POT: Press the saute button on the Instant Pot. Spray with oil then add the beef and salt, cook breaking the meat up until browned, about 5 minutes.
Add the onion, garlic, marjoram and black pepper and stir.Add the tomato sauce, paprika, beef broth and raisins (we used currants), cover and cook high pressure 15 minutes.Quick release, add the rice (we didn’t add the rice to the cooker as I can’t eat it), and cabbage and cook 3 minutes high pressure. Quick release and serve with additional rice if desired.
STOVE TOP DIRECTIONS:
- Heat a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, spray with oil then add the beef and salt, cook breaking the meat up until browned, about 5 minutes. Add the onion, garlic, marjoram and black pepper and stir. Add the tomato sauce, 1/4 cup water, paprika, beef broth and raisins, cover and cook medium-low 25 minutes.
- Add the cooked rice and cabbage and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cabbage is tender. Serve with additional rice if desired.
Makes about 6 cups.
Yield: 4 Servings, Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Amount Per Serving:
- Smart Points: 8
- Points +: 8
- Calories: 338
- Total Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Cholesterol: 71mg
- Sodium: 808mg
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 5g
- Protein: 30.5g
David’s plate with it served over rice.
I forgot to take a before with my dish. This is a cup measurement, and I had eaten about half of it. The flavor is spot on, and it didn’t take long at all.
We keep looking for other recipes for the Instant Pot. I understand now what all of the talk is about. It was super scary at first (I am afraid of it exploding!), but after this recipe and just following the directions —I love it!