Lisa Leake at 100 Days of Real Food posted this recipe on her Facebook page the other day. I had recently purchased whole wheat floor, coconut oil and organic honey for another recipe.
This one sounded delicious and I had all of the ingredients. So I made it. It is definitely different, and dense. The whole wheat changes the texture, but all in all a very good, and healthy banana bread.
I calculated the calories to approximately 151 based on 8 servings.
You can use the recipe here, or go to Lisa’s site. Both recipes are identical.
- 2 ¼ cup whole-wheat flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup oil (I used coconut oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F and grease pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl mix mashed bananas with yogurt, honey, eggs, oil, and vanilla.
- Fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture until blended. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake large loaf for 40 – 50 minutes or until it comes clean with a toothpick.